Pregnancy and Birth Story

Ola!

Time flies when i'm having fun with my baby. 
She's almost 3 months now.

Well, i guess that's the happiest moment in my life, besides getting married and graduated from school or college.

In this post, i will share my pregnancy and giving birth story.

So on March 2014, i was pregnant. But in this second pregnancy (in my 1st, i was miscarriage), i tend to be so careful. Well, if i may said, paranoid ( a little bit) because i didn't want anything bad happen in this time. Then at the end of March 2014 (my pregnancy was 4 week old), we decided to move to a closer place from my work place. Like 10 minutes with ojek  and 20-30 minutes with other vehicles (because it was so damn traffic in there). Then, the nausea started to happen. Like people always said it was morning sick. But in fact, i felt like that for like the whole day (if i'm lucky then at the mid of the day it will be gone - but come back at night). I threw up everytime i smell something, Like the smell of my room (wth?), the smell of my own perfume (i had 5 times bought perfume along pregnancy, then give them to someone), and apparently the smell of anything. Happening also when i ride taxi (and i had to ride taxi everywhere - because i'm so freakin scared to take any other public transp), when i'm in the elevator (like when the door opens in every floor - feeling nausea and dizziness ahead). Crazy. Epic. And i can only eat fast food. Like pizza, fried chicken, burgers, ice cream, and you name it. With delivery system, because i'm too dizzy to walk or else.

Then moving on to my 2nd trimester of pregnancy, i felt better. I barely could eat anything. Without any limitation (some kind of revenge, i guess?), except for the food like durian, alcohol drinks, and also cigarette and soda. And also unclear food, like abang-abang food. Nope. Nah.

At the end of my 2nd trimester, i gained weight, Like WEIGHT. 17 kilos in my 6th months of pregnancy. Well, i think it's just like "nah! dont care. I ate for two. Let it be" Then my feet started to swell. Like thousands of bee just stung me. And it's not going back to its normal shape at that time. People always said, like "You ate too much salt" or "hang your feet higher than your body" Well, i did that, then nothing happened :( so everytime people look at my feet, i will be just like "Whatever"
Til i didn't fit in my shoes or sandals anymore, and i started to search sandals or shoes until size 41 (NEVER in  MY WHOLE LIFE). Gaining weight is so crazy. It expanded your foot size too.

So, when i consulted with my 1st obgyn, she said, i am fine. And also my blood pressure was fine. So i felt like, "oh there's nothing to worry about. Really." But, yes i felt somehow dissapointed because my obgyn was the busy one, so she didn't kinda have time, to listen to my question (since i'm a new parent to be) and anything stupid that a new parent to be could've asked. So at the the last trimester, (32 week), i searched another obgyn and hospital, then i met dr. Susanti (whom very nice, calm and ready to answer even your stupidest question). From her, i know, that my chance of having Pre-Eklampsia is very high. Because i have some kind of the sign (foot swelling, and very much weight gain). At the end of my pregnancy, i succesfully raised 26 kilos from 50 kilos (my real weight). That's so horrible. It's okay to raise much at pregnancy, but this is just too much and unhealthy. Well, but doctor said, pre-eklampsia can only be detected when you are about to give birth. Not when in pregnant time.


November 20th, 04.35 AM. I woke up because something kicked me from the inside. Well, i thought it must have been my baby broke the water.  But,when i stood up and turned on the light, i saw blood running through my feet to the floor. Well, i kinda panic (hello, who doesn't?) and woke my husband. And i tried to walk to the bathroom to clean up and called my mom. But, whenever i tried to move, the blood ran harder, so scared. Then somehow, i finally succeed and prepare my self to go the hospital. When i arrived, it was 5.20 AM and the nurse checked me. She said, i was still in the early labor time (pembukaan 1). Then they checked my blood pressure, it was 150/120. No way. Never in my whole life i had high blood pressure. Never. Then nurse asked me to calm down and took a walk downstairs. After 1 hour, the nurse came and checked my blood pressure again, guess what? it's 200/130. Am i about to have stroke or what? God. I feel scared. Then doctor came. Oh my, She said, let's check your urine and do some tests. After 1 hour of waiting, and CTG scan, and else, nurse said, doctor wanted to talk to my husband, while he was away to clean the floor in our house, because it looked like a murdering place. So, the doctor told it herself to me, that i had pre-eklampsia, DANG!
So i had to go for a C-Section Surgery. I was so freaking scared. Never in my whole life, stayed at hospital, get injected for days, or having surgery. I am the type of person, who's scared to injection, syringe, surgery, blood and one of my fear is giving birth (silly, but yes).  

Then at 2 PM, it's all happening. My baby was born on Nov 20th, 2.35 PM via c-section surgery. All i can say is Alhamdulillah to Allah SWT. For the strength, and blessing for having this cute pretty healthy little baby. There you go, my Kinanti Sofia Rakanata now 2.5 months. Already able to smile, and making lots of expressions. How miracles works in wonders of Allah SWT. I think, i accomplished one of my goals in life, fight my fear of giving birth. I made it. 




Until next time, in the next post. 

Comments

Popular Posts