it was fun, lots of knowledge, it's like the pre-relationship time, when you are still unsure and guessing about a lot of things but feel totally happy sometimes. It's quite challenging actually. roallercoaster feeling.
Here are some details from my one month experience:
- Distance. the office is very close from my house. its like 20 minutes to get there (if it's not traffic, yet it is will expand to 30-35mins) well, but still better compared to my last office which was in Kuningan, like you need an hour or more to get there, plus you have to face lots of challenges in the street like macet tiada akhir and nunggu PPD 213, which like a tons of people waits for it too. in the end, i know that, when ur office is very close from ur house it's like reducing 80% of ur problems. But, the only thing thats worst is you cant lie bcos of traffic when u'r late.
- Absence. In my former office, absence machine is just absence machine. Just to measure ur status, whether ur dilligent (not working late-exactly 8hrs-tengGo!) or ur a company slave (working hours depends on ur boss' request). There's no exact arrival time. In here, u have to come straight before 8 am or exactly at 8am. if more, then ur late. If ur late 5 times in a row in a month, u get warning letter. Well, i wouldnt say it's negative, but i am considering it as a challenge. Yet, sometimes we dont always win over the challenge.
- Linux. I already buggin abt this since the former part. Well, after a month, we're getting friendly each other (still frenemies tho) it was hard actually. Like u ve been together with someone for 15 years and now u found someone new, and change all of the habits. Adjusting. Though human and software is completely different.
- Meetings. It's a fun things when meeting comes. no,you no talk something boring. You talk about beauty class, or properties, or layout, or product (colourfull-smells good-can be applied on skin). Sometimes, i found myself stumbling upon "how tos" presentation for facial, daily make up or new product launching. Simply grateful. even sometimes we do meeting in the salon or spa, sniffing aromatheraphy. nomo poison.
- People. i havent connect to lots of people,yet. But just like Linux, i think it's my challenge and im gonna win over this thing. So far i've met the queen and the family, which is Mrs.Tilaar herself. She's a great woman.
Not all the experience r smooth. Some just rough. Last time, when we have meetings with candidate for investors, my boss invited me to the meeting because he wanted me to learn further.
At the meeting, there's one kid of the queen, and everytime we start presentation with video, he asked me to turn off and followed with turn on the lights.
Idk, i feel kinda, wth? i invited to this meeting and my job was only to listen and being a lighting girl? i feel so .. dissapointed.
Then followed with this thing. The candidates were treated at the day spa, and there's nobody to accompany them. All of sudden, everybody pointed me to come with the 3 Phillipinos investors. to the spa. just to accompany. not joining the spa. So, there i went. doing some pep talks and faux smiles.
That day, i feel terrible. Because i think, come on! i moved to the other company to get better. in everything. y do i still have to do this stuff? this is a JONGOS stuff.
And also on Monday, i escort the wife of the investors from Hotel to Queen's house. Another peptalks and so on. i mean, like i cant believe this.
i refused to think anything. I only think that, shudnt i be in the better position? i kept on digging questions for being treated this way.
But then, i feel, i cant always behave like this. Keep refusing anything that isnt goes based on my standard. I have to accept bcos this is what i chose.
Well maybe this is like the part of package.
i have to adjust myself into the situation. That's how to deal with something new.
Besides, i dont know where it leads .. it might leads to something good, maybe.
Then i said to myself, being deffensive to something you dont know, maybe it's not the right thing to do right now.
We'll see. well, sometimes it's my old insecurities try to strike me back. But, Im trying to win over this mind trick.